Monday, December 03, 2007

Yikes... where did November go? It can't be December yet. I have not completed my November list of things to do! I don't even want to talk about my list of things to do in 2007! I pretty much do as I please and that means if I feel like going on a long hike versus cleaning the bathrooms, the hike will usually win. But as I am walking I will often delude myself into believing that I will clean them when I get home. I won't.
So what have I been doing? A lot of knitting... got to get those Christmas presents done! Here is a fair isle hat I did recently for my baby, who is almost as tall as me!

So, despite how it feels like I procrastinate endlessly, I guess I do get some stuff done. I have been trying to cut my sons hair for over a month. He is funny about his hair. He has always wanted it long, from about age two. Last weekend he had basketball tryouts and couldn't see the ball when he bent over to dribble. So guess what? I was allowed to cut his shaggy mop! I couldn't believe the pile on the floor, and his hair still swings in the wind when he turns his head.

It looks like a wig. Maybe I should have tried to have him make a donation to locks for love! This 8 year old boy in all seriousness said to me, " Mom, there is a pile of my DNA on the floor!" I have got to pay more attention to what this child reads!

6 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

it does look like a wig

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger laurie said...

oh my gosh you made those hats? wow. i am deeply, deeply impressed.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lot of hair!

Cool hats. I am impressed.

Dreaming What Ifs...

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Devon said...

How funny. Everyone thinks there are two hats, it is just one shown half way knitted and then finished. Even my non commenting family have sent emails requesting the bottom hat! Gosh, maybe they meant the hair ball?

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger laurie said...

well, one, two or three, it's really impressive. you are really talented. also, patient.

the only thing i have ever successfully knitted was a scarf. a long, gray, wool scarf with a deep fringe. i made it 30 years ago to give to a boyfriend, and when i finished it and it looked pretty good, i thought, heck. i'm not giving this away!

i still have it.

and i have never attempted anything else ever again.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Beth Anderson said...

My son has enough hair to make a wig too! But he's too old to let me cut it. Some woman at Supercuts did a bad job last time he went and now he has haircutaphobia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home