This One's For Deborah
Deborah is my 40 something sister. She is smart and pretty. She was a dedicated wife and mom to two boys when her hubby hit midlife and turned into a dork extraordinaire. So, with two young children and no college degree she found herself single. Her work experience always impressed me. Perfectly clean and organized home. Happy, successful children, PTA President for a LOOOOONG time and the ultimate soccer mom.
When the dweebster left she found herself in a position that seems very lonely, yet is shared by so many others. What to do? Me, I would probably curl up in a fetal position and suck my thumb for a week ... or a year. This has happened to some of the most amazing women I know. The single part, not the thumb thing.
So what did Deborah do you ask? She hit 40 and simultaneously hit the college campus. It wasn't easy, having to dedicate yourself to learning, working and still raising two children at a time in life when a lot of us are in a pretty comfortable position. I think the most discouraging part came when the 20 something college students kept asking her where the bathrooms were located, as if she worked there.
Well, Deborah has worked and persevered and is now in her last semester of Nursing School. I did this in my 20's with no kids and it was tough then, yet Deb and many of her class mates have obstacles I never dreamed of, and they are doing it! So to Deborah, who reads this blog faithfully and yet NEVER LEAVES A COMMENT, I say BRAVO. I am so proud of you and you are almost there! After your last final exam of your entire college career, this December, I will take you on this beautiful hike I did yesterday. Soon you will have the time to do this with me weekly! So sit back, relax and feast your eyes on your near future:





Get lots of rest, this too will pass and soon you can join me in my favorite pastime of guessing "What kind of animal left this turd on the trail?"



7 Comments:
aaaarrrgh. this is the 2nd blog with a turd picture.
It almost looks like owl casings. If I could just click the pix to make it bigger.
YOUR SISTER ROCKS!!!!!!
NOW it appears to look like blueberries....
so what kind of animal eats huckleberry or bluberry and doesn't chew it????
Your sister sounds amazing and I bet she can't wait to join you on this beautiful walk.
Not sure about the droppings!
hooray for deborah! my hat is off to her. (and i bet she'll quit lurking as soon as she gets out from under that crush of homework.)
a lovely lovely walk. turds and all. turds keep it interesting for the dogs.
What a smart, tough woman your sister must be. Good for her!
Beautiful pictures.
Your sister IS Amazing. Way to go Deborah!!
um - I would say it is Dogpoop, but doesn't quite look right.
That is quite a serious accomplishment!
The turds, hmmm, I'm not sure about that one, but you have to be a pretty all right person with a pastime like turd identification.
Post a Comment
<< Home