Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dog Days of Summer

Well no, my house did not burn down. My summer has been filled with many days of nothing special. Just the ordinary that somehow keeps me moving and away from my computer. It has been a busy time for my hubby and I can count on my fingers the number of days I have spent with him. Sigh...

The house has been full of kids, a new neighbor did not believe me when I told her I only have two. There have been friends over morning till night and the ensuing meals, snacks and miscellaneous debris that accompany them!

Today is very quiet here. My hubby has been out of state for five days... and my mommy energy is low. Usually nature gives me a boost of adrenaline, so outside I went to find my perkiness. All I found was my cat. He looked lazier than I felt.

C'mon Tiger... run around! Chase some birdies or snakes! Rub against my ankles and purr!

Nooo, don't be lulled onto the wicker table, it does evil things to your Chi (energy)!

Resist Tiger... just try! Open your eyes and smell the flowers or the rabbit poop ... Please!!



Oh Tiger, you are soooo weak. I came to you looking for motivation, spunk... signs of life!

Obviously Tiger was unable to fend off the temptations of the wicker table, again. Oh well, the dog days of summer are here and the cat has given in to them. Really, it doesn't pay to resist!

7 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger laurie said...

ah, don't you love it when they just topple over? i don't have cats, but dogs are either awake or asleep. very little in between.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

my comment went kaboom.

(If it shows up.. I said I chased my cat trying to get picture. She was not cooperative. got right up in the camera lens and all I got was fuzzy. she looked like alien from far off galaxy.)

Your cat was very much a model

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been near wicker, but definitely lost my running mojo, I can't peel myself out of the house, or out of bed to do anything!

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cat pictures! Was so glad to hear your house is safe!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger MommaBoo said...

I had a kitty who could have been your baby's twin.

His name was Morrison and he passed away 7 years ago....

A beautiful baby, here.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiger and my Phydeaux Pheline are related. The closest he gets to playing these days is the short scamper to get away from my toddler.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with PamelaJamela. My comment went kaboom, too.
Pretty kitties. We only have dogs. The main reason we don't have kitties.
Another reason: Ah-choo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home