Cursed?
I thought today I would write a post about some very unsettling things that have been occurring whenever I am around. This all took place in about a 4 week period. It is hard to recall exactly when it began as I wasn't really paying attention, back then anyhow. The first episode I can remember with any clarity took place in a grocery store. I was pushing my cart innocently enough when a woman very near to me fulfilled every grocery manager's nightmare, she slipped on some spilled wet product on the floor. She went down hard, completely sprawled out and dazed. Being the nurse, I went to her and ascertained that nothing was broken. I left as the manager was offering to help, probably with free groceries for a year.
It is getting hard to remember the order of these events, but closely following the above episode, my family and I took our boat to a near by lake. After some very successful fishing, my hubby was able to pull up to the boat ramp for me to get off but he had to wait behind another boat that was being loaded onto a trailer. The man on the boat ahead of us jumped off his boat and was moving quickly as he secured everything, as he got close to me he slipped and went down hard, on his face. I ran to him as he was trying to get up, again, a hard fall but not too injured, and he resumed his work.
Shortly after the boat trip, I entered a Cardio-Tennis class. It was fast paced and fun. About ten of us students were running back and forth hitting balls to music and having a great time. Until one gentleman slipped on the court and skidded on his face into the bench. I helped him up to the bench, and my very clever daughter ran to the car for my first aid kit as these mishaps are definitely escalating in severity. After sopping up lots of blood and cleaning his wound which I thought could use a couple stitches, I started to realize there was an unfortunate pattern going on here.
The next event happened on a previously posted hike, see Happy Hikers. My friend Janet took a hard fall on our hike and thankfully was not hurt. So I told her about the weird accidents happening around me. I might as well have said I am psychic and I have the plague. My companions all took a step back. Like that would help, I could still see them! LOL!
There is more! One day I went to my favorite nursery to feed my gardening addiction. I love to be in this place, wandering among the plants, it is like meditation to me. On this day I wanted to buy a rose bush and was in that part of the nursery when I heard a fire truck in the distance, it kept getting closer and closer. Then it pulled into the nursery, it came right up to where I was standing, the crew all jumped out, and were led into the main building. I didn't know what was going on, but decided to stay outside as I contemplated if this was part of my new cursed pattern. After about 15 minutes I wanted to leave, but needed some information on the plants to make a selection. An ambulance had arrived shortly after the fire truck and I figured they must be almost done inside, so I decided to go in for some rose help. Big Mistake.
Once in the building I saw an elderly woman on the gurney being wheeled to the ambulance, she looked pretty good, awake and talking. So I went to the help counter and an employee asked if she could help me, remember this, she asked me! I told her what I needed and she said there was a lot of rose info, and would I follow her. I did and I was right behind her as she tripped over a basket on the floor, I moved to try and stop her fall, but could not. She did a header into a metal cabinet and dropped to her knees with her hands on her face. There was blood, lots and lots of blood. I saw some paper towels and asked someone to get them. Told her I was a nurse and she let me help her. When she removed her hands she was cut practically from ear to ear, like a scalping, to the bone. I asked for someone to get the firefighters back in the building if they were still there. They were and came in, I told them to get another ambulance, and this one firefighter very condescendingly said, "It's O.K., face wounds bleed a lot." I took my hands and towels off her face for the expert to see, and heard the same firefighter screaming for her companions to get another ambulance.
It arrived quickly, and turned out to be one of my friends, I told him what happened. Then an amazing thing happened. This poor woman so covered in blood she could not see, starts pointing her finger and tells me the information on roses is on the counter over there. What a woman!!!! I left my favorite place with no purchases, a firetruck and two ambulances in the parking lot. I went straight home before someone got killed! I later found out she needed 96 stitches, and the woman on the first ambulance was her mother!
A short time later I was having lunch with one of my dearest friends at an outdoor cafe. I told her all these strange things that have been happening. Then there was a horrible crashing sound, screeching, glass breaking. It is right behind me, my chair is the closest to the accident, no surprise there. Everyone jumped up, except me. My friend, a Nurse Practitioner, went to see if anyone was hurt. She returned shortly as there were no injuries. She said the weirdest part was that I never even turned around to look. I told her I am getting a little freaked. We ate lunch and the accident was cleared by the time we left. I never saw what happened, didn't want to.
I am pleased to report that it has been three weeks and nothing has happened! Perhaps the curse has been lifted. My friends are still a little nervous to be with me. Understandably so!!


4 Comments:
That is the FREAKIEST set of events ever
Are you wearing your rabbits foot and horse
shoes?
I had a series of events in a total different way you can read it in Fart Story
That is wild. Okay - all I can say is at least it isn't YOU getting hurt - and what a way to be able to help out with your nursing skills!
When I graduated college a pheasant flew out and hit my car on the country roadway, shattering my windshield - for about 2 months after that I almost hit birds constantly - first an owl, then a crow, another pheasant and some other minor birds. I was freaked out every time I saw a bird fly across my car.
I've got you signed up for Fun MOnday!!!
Hey Devon...first of all, thanks for continuing to visit my place even though I've not had the time to do my usual blog visits !
Where are you going to be in the next several weeks? Although I believe this was just a series of FREAKY events that had nothing to do with you, other than you were very capable of taking care of the situations, I don't want to cross paths... *smile*
Hmmm...I've been having fun prowling around your blog and was going to bookmark it...but..well, I'm a little nervous now! Is it safe?
Post a Comment
<< Home