Happy Hikers
When hiking with youngsters, it is always good to have a reward to look foreword to as you are trudging along the trail. I'm not talking about a snickers bar back in the glove box of the car. I mean a certain place of arrival with plenty to amuse children reared in the generation of over stimulation and immediate gratification. This day it was a refreshing creek. The old standard of running water works today as well as it did in the era of Tom Sawyer. Shoes off, feet in and absolutely no questions regarding when we are going home!!!
It was such a treat to hike with Janet and her friends, Barbara and Stephanie, along with my own bambinos. Janet has a dog, Midnight, who is the "official bride" of my Marley (pictured above). They haven't seen each other in years but fell right back into their old frolicking ways! If I actually thought like a 'real blogger' I would have a picture of this. Sorry, I was having too much fun visiting and hiking! I did realize my mistake just as we were all getting ready to go our separate ways. Midnight jumped into my car, it was a bit of a squish with my beast already in there, I managed to snap off a pic of the chaos!
Good friends, children, dogs, miles of lush hiking trails and a snickers bar in the glove box! Life is good!Labels: hiking


5 Comments:
That sounds like a wonderful day, good company, wonderful scenery, happy children and worn out pets- everyone will sleep well after that!!
Oh look at those two happy labs - that pretty much says it all.
Dogs and children go together so perfectly, add a stream and some trees to climb and you have heaven on earth.
I miss my dog.
Yours are smiling and dripping. (:
What wonderful pictures of a wonderful day!!
Post a Comment
<< Home