Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Blooming February

It has been such a warm month, I offer that as my only excuse as to my blogging absence. I just find so many things to do outside when the weather is this beautiful. I thought it would be fun to go around my yard and blog a sample of what is blooming.

I spent a lot of the month in the garden. Although the flowers in this post are well established, there is still so much to do year round in the garden. Just clearing, pruning, cleaning up and because I am neurotic, moving plants. A garden changes with time and I'll find that my favorite plants are hidden by others grown around them.








With all of this color one might imagine that it is Spring! That would be a mistake, for although I live in California, and I am blessed with many blooming things in my yard, it most definitely is not spring. I was awakened from my dreams of starting the tomatoes early, by the shocking reality that yes, it is February you crazy woman!!




Oh well, Spring will come and I will be ready for it with my garden gloves, spades, seeds and plants! Until then, I think I'll go play in the snow and dream of the blooms to come, sigh...

6 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my seed order in the mail this morning. I hate reading the phrase "After signs of frost has cleared" Because I have to WAIT to plant. Darn! I'm so excited this year. The clouds have lifted off of my brain and I can think clearly. I can't wait to garden again.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaah - spring.

And yes - I received a seed order catalog today and it had a new Asiatic Lily bulb - Cappuccino Tango Lily - "Like cream sprinkled with cocoa, these ravishing blooms have dark coffee colored throats with milky edges." I HAVE TO HAVE IT.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

we;ve got some green peeking through the soil in places.

it snowed hard today - and then the sun came out

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Charisse said...

Hi devon , I do have the pattern for the litle green dress, It's in debbie bliss cotton knits
for all seasons.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger young at heart said...

Spring! bring it on!
Ref- A Nice Pot of Tea: If you ever come to England I know a delightful little Cotswold village tea shop where I will treat you to Afternoon tea the traditional way. Lots of dainty sandwiches, and the most delicious cream cakes and best of all perfect tea brewed in a proper pot!

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you and decided to post a comment. Thanks to you, spring is in the air, with the pics. My bulbs are still hiding. Our season is always later than yours.
How's the book coming along?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home