The View From My Front Door
This blog was a challenge by the brilliant Vicky over at living life and catching light. If I were more blog suavy I would offer you a link over to her, but as yet, that is beyond my capabilities!
Several of us bloggers are posting pictures out our front door. As I don't live in a tropical climate, this was obviously taken a few months back, September to be exact!
Sorry Vicky if this is cheating. I actually took about 2 steps out my door, but you get the idea! I see my zucchini waiting to be picked and mourn all the frozen plants in that location today. It has been down in the teens temperature wise and I wonder how many of my tender babes will survive!
Come spring I will go through my favorite process, the two R's... rip out and replant! But that is months away. So, I'll just sit here sipping my warm beverage of choice, dreaming of spry young bulbs pushing toward the light and salivate over my garden magazines!
Cheers everyone!


26 Comments:
Great shot! I will put the link up for you on Monday. Silly girl. It's okay to be confused.
I'm jealous of the porch! Do you drink Lemonaid and read magazines in the summer? Do you watch the rain pass by?
Devon, I just read your comment at Vicki's. I'll try to keep this simple: If you want to take the post down and put it up again next Monday, just go to the Dashboard, click on the blog name and when you get a list of your posts click edit for this post. When it comes up go to the bottom and click 'save as draft' then next week you can do the same but just hit 'publish' instead.
I know this may be a lot for someone who has been posting since March last year and still can't include a link, Ha! just kidding.
I am drooling over your porch too. I can imagine sipping iced tea and playing Rummy out there. Pretty! Mine is up too.
well, you can show your January picture when we do this again in September.
I think I'll talk Vicki (Cagney) into hosting a spring, summer and fall picture, too.
Cheating or not, I love it! Looks like the place to be!
Wow, love the porch. I'm beginning to wonder why I did this challenge, seeing all these lovely views, sigh!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela has a cool idea! Every season!
I love your porch!
Spring summer and Fall is perfect idea Pamela.. (Lacy)
I am so jealous, I want a porch!
Lovely view. I wish I had a covered porch.
I adore your porch! I just want to sit down with a good book and listen to the birds.
Lovely!
Love the porch but the furniture on it really makes it. Can I come read a book on your porch?
Beautiful! I love the shade of blue on your siding - it's complimented nicely by all of the luscious green in your yard ;)
Thanks for all the great comments. 4 years ago Hubby and I remodeled our house, practically every part.
We both agree that the porch we added was the best part! I often sit w/a book or computer in the rocking chair. Kitties always find me and just hang out.
What a beautiful area you live in. I can't wait for spring...and I do have a wait ahead of me. I need to pray for patience. This year I am having a little greenhouse. It is just to cold up here for a decent garden...to short a season for most crops.
Beautiful photo!
Love that porch!! I am a gardening addict so all your plantings look absolutely lucious!! I've been dreaming with my garden magazines, too!
What a beautiful view.
Love the porch with the wicker furniture...I want to come sip a hot beverage with you. Zucchini? Are you kidding me? What a wonderful view.
What fun it was to see a photo from your front door. I miss seeing it and I miss you! I'll be able to feel like I'm seeing you often by reading your blog. Thanks for sharing it
Love, love, love your porch. I would spend many evenings there if I could!
I officially have porch envy! Great view...
Excellent porch!
I want to come sit on your porch, and drink iced tea! Great picture!
A porch to die for (envy). Having just discovered and enjoyed your blog I will be coming back.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Please take part in our next "Fun Monday" posting (see my blog for details)! God bless!
Erik
Post a Comment
<< Home