Anyone For A Bike Ride!!!
What does one do when the sun is shinning on a beautiful January day? I can't be certain about others, but in spirit of living life to the fullest and eliminating TV/video game glassy eyes from my family, I decided a bike ride would be just the ticket!So, we packed all our gear into the truck and drove the ten minutes to the trail and off we went!
Yes, those are shorts on my studly men. My lovely daughter is a bit over dressed with a sweatshirt! My stud muffin is originally from Ohio. Whenever I suggest we escape the California craziness, he remembers the winters of his youth and silences me on the subject!
My little man is geared up and ready to go! Enjoying the ride, although a little miffed at me for making him wear a long sleeve shirt. I am such a mom!!! Darling daughter crashed and burned about a mile in. It is a rare site to see someone crash so spectacularly going up hill! Now if I were a true blogger I would have captured this for posterity prior to tending to her wounds. I have so much to learn!
There are times when we don't know exactly what emotions our children are feeling or what they are really trying to say. This wasn't one of those times. She was as clear as any 10 year old can be. "Don't take my picture, I hate riding my bike, I want to go home, Is there any chocolate!"
I am sure this is how Lance Armstrong started out!


8 Comments:
I'm impressed you went riding as a family. Awesome. My bike is hanging upside down from the garage ceiling with a flat tire.
My butt and my bike seat argue.
I loved the shot of your daughter... bwaaahhh ha ha ha. You are in for a spell of girlitus!!!
ahh don't you love the drama of a 10 year old?
We live afew miles from a pretty cycle trail and this reminds me I need to dust down my bike ready for the spring. Made me shiver looking at the shorts.
I have a 10yr old grandaughter so have been there!!
Cute pictures! My brother is an AVID biker. The picture of your daughter and the related commentary made me LOL! That is ME up one side and down the other! HA!
Karmyn- my hubby just fixed a flat on my bike, I haven't done that in years!
Pamela- I purchased a gel filled bike seat, no kidding! It is squishy and after a ride my butt only hurts for a couple days instead of a week!
Vicki- 10 yr old drama is just that! Yikes...the teens are coming!
chrisb- thanks for stopping by!
Susan- You must be a riot! As my dd is always doing the most bizarre things!!!
Ditto Karmyn...The photo of your daughter could probably any one of our kids at any given time when they have had it.
An excellent outing, from the looks of it. And you know, it's hard to please all the folks, all the time. I remember being like your daughter at times.
One of the great things about spending time in Florida this year is we are able to bike most everywhere we want to go. The bikes in Chicago are chillin' in the garage.
Post a Comment
<< Home