It Was A Dark And Stormy Night

I wanted the image of a black cat to add an element of spookiness to this post, but alas I have no black kitties. However, my darling, sweet, lovely, I mean spooky, frightful baby, 'Marley' will have to do. I will dedicate this Halloween post to a true ghost story, and so it begins:
It was a dark and stormy night, well it could have been. Actually, I don't know exactly when it began. All I remember is that at some point a ghost moved into the house that I share with my husband. We bought our dream home in the country, nestled in pine trees, we couldn't be happier. We had lived in this home about 2 years. One morning, very early (around 6 am), my hubby, Tom, was getting ready to leave for work. He came into our bedroom and woke me. Looking quite shaken, which is unheard of for this man, he said he had seen the reflection of an old man in the glass of our book case. This man was sitting in a chair in the living room. So Tom turned to look away from the glass to the chair, and the man was not there. Just to let you know, Tom does not believe in ghosts. But for that 10 minutes before he convinced himself it wasn't real, he did.
Other things began to happen, I would walk through a room and could feel something, almost like a pressure change. The hairs on the back of my neck would stand up for no reason. The main way this presence communicated with us was through light. It turned them on, all the time. My husband worked 24 hours at a time, we had no kids yet, so I was completely alone. I would turn out all the lights and stand at my bedroom door making sure, yes all the lights are out. Then at 2 or 3 am I would wake up to the house blazing with light. They would all be on!
It went on for months. I had some girlfriends over and was telling them about our ghost. One of the women was very spiritual and said the light was significant, she explained how I need to talk to my ghost and help it move to the next world by going into the light. She spoke for about 15 minutes explaining how I need to encourage this ghost to go into the light to continue on its journey.
Well, I thought about doing just that. But, it seems that my ghost was lurking about while my girlfriends were over. It must have taken heed and moved on, because I never again felt its presence and never again had a light turn on during the night. Dark and stormy or otherwise!


6 Comments:
Still freaky!!! Too bad I hadn't have thought of that at my other house!
LOVE your lab - of course I am a bit biased owning two of my own!!!
Beautiful dog! Your right it does look a little like my daughter's lab. Cowboy
I didn't read the ghost story because my boys are going hunting this weekend and I will be home alone with my imagination and the darkness. My dogs memory is short. I know this because they bark at each other every 5 minutes like they've never seen each other before. They are no help.
THEN I read the bigfoot post over at Pams.... I better stop while I'm ahead.
I believe in ghoosts tooo.
I'm sticking with the dog.
don't like the scary stuff....eeeeeeek
I saw your post on Pioneer woman's site, and thought I'd check out your site. When I read this story, I thought it was neat you mentioned a black cat because I actually have a black cat named Devon! You can read about him and my other boys at fourcrazycats.blogspot.com
Enjoy!
The black lab is beautiful. There are several in our family who have them. Karmyn R has a Viking Lab. I'm looking at her avatar as I write.
Scary stories scare me.
Post a Comment
<< Home