Thursday, November 23, 2006

Simply Thankful


Today is the day for relaxing and looking at what we are grateful for. I could go on with the strongest and most obvious reasons for gratitude... family, friends, home, pets. But I'll save those for myself and look at the more esoteric blessings in my life:

* my toes are really long...great little grippers
* I have several big pine trees on my property, they sway in the wind and smell so good when it rains
* I have dreams and desires, they give optimism and hope
* I knit, need I say more
* I have a 1/2 acre of gardens and no gnomes
* I am freakishly flexible
* I can post pictures on my blog
* I have a great formula to get dog vomit out of carpet
* I only have one load of dirty laundry in my house
* Like wysteria lane, I know all the neighbors on my street
* It rained this morning, I love rain
* If you have read this far, then you know I can find joy in the simple things

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!! Peace and Blessings to you all!

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your list.
It's an easy day here, too.
None of our daughters made it home.

We are actually having dinner at a retirement home with the hubby's 98 your old aunt. Yes she still has sound mind... sweet cherry pie woman. just love her.

My toes are short and stubby. HOWEVER, I can pick things up with them. And I can reach out and pinch butts and ears with them too.

Aren't we something!!!!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Karmyn R said...

What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home