Getting Zen In The Bad Lands

Why is it that people think Californians are a few cards shy of a full deck, is it because we house most of the self absorbed celebrities, or perhaps because we elect the afore mentioned into political office (Ronald Reagan, Sonny Bono, Clint Eastwood, Arnold the terminator). No? Maybe it is because when we leave the confines of our 'anything goes state', we behave in unquestionably odd ways!
In the photo I am on my first journey to the Badlands of South Dakota. It was beautiful and I couldn't just stand for the photo. My sister who took the picture thought it was an amusing pose, but the tourists behind her were sure to keep their children far from us!
I am thrilled to actually have a photo on this blog. It took about 15 minutes to load and I'm not sure why. It is a work in progress for sure, but it is a step in the right direction. If I knew that it was going to actually work, I may have selected a different pic. Then again, maybe not!


8 Comments:
That was pretty quick. last saturday it was a 4 hour down load. (MAD)
I guess there are more quirky people in California because ....there are more people. Probably aren't any more percentage, tho.
Thanks for visiting today. Nice photo.I have a photo very much like yours that was taken of me on the Colorado National Monument poses on what I call "The Hershey Kiss."
I'll be back to read more. Am moving from BloggerGoober to Typepad because of problems.
bI'm googling Zen right after I hit Publish. Is it something I want?
Great picture. Good pose. Reminds me of Chrissy on Threes Company bonding with the flamingo
how did the cakes go?
Where are you my zen friend?
I don't think Californian's are any nuttier than Oregonians - however that may be because so many of you have come up here. Hmmm...I may have to rethink that! :) hee hee
This is so cute! I love it. I was just in the Badlands last month. It was rainy and windy but I didn't care. It is almost another planet out there.
Californians odd? Maybe that is my problem. I was raised in So Cal. I hope to visit soon.
Love the picture! It fits perfectly with the Badlands as the background. Some sort of balance or something!!
Post a Comment
<< Home