Smile For The Camera!

My darling son always would smile so nicely for the camera, always say yes mommy, always try to do exactly what was expected of him. Then this summer he turned 7. Now this is typical of how he mugs for the camera, he rarely says yes mommy and although still a 'pleaser', he has developed a wicked sense of humor and fiestiness! I couldn't be prouder!!
My hubby has been gone for a week, nothing new. I always become a hunting widow for at least one week each October. He was due to come home today, the last day of buck season, but as it would be sans a buck, he called to say he would be gone till tomorrow in the hope of a last minute kill, so to speak. I haven't told the kids yet...they miss their daddy. My daughter won't mind though, she loves venison!!
My friends from high school got together last night and I misssed it....due to the above mentioned widow thing and a preplanned kids halloween party. I wish I could have been there! We live far apart and it is rare to get us all together... but when we do, we have loads of fun. I promise I won't go into a hormonal rant! I hope you gals had a great time and I hope you all figure out how to comment on my blog!! You are each very brilliant, first leave some comments, next start your own blogs!!!


7 Comments:
Yeah, another fellow hunting widow! My hubby does the same thing. This year he has 8, yes 8 tags. For bow, rifle. He has one bow already. We hope to have four to fill the freezer for the winter, which gives us plenty to share. Plus he has 3 turkey tags. We have one of those in the freezer and one mountain lion tag and that is only if he is threatened...
Last winter while bow hunting he came across two, mommy and cub but didn't feel threatened just kind of freaked out!
Blessings to you!
Well, my husband doesnt' hunt, but he travels A LOT - and this year went on a 10 day fishing trip (I was certifiably insane when he came home!).
Hope you get to have a girl's night out soon!!!!
First. Come on over to typepad. I'll walk you through. =)
Second. no wonder you weren't blogging. I know what it's like to be a hunters widow. One year when my husband was gone to Colorado (2 weeks!!!!) my son at the time age 5 cut the beautiful blonde curls off of my 2 year old daughter. ::sigh:: then hid them under the couch. I had to have her hair bobbed off above the ears. I asked him "why did you do this?" He said "I couldn't quit once I started mama it feels neat in the scissors." When my husband called to tell me he was out of the Mountains and on the way home. I was a psycho. Nuts. Crazy. Foaming at the mouth woman. He made it home in record time. I was mentally exausted.
Third: here is the REAL test. Dont bring up the fact that you missed the highschool friend reunion when he goes on his next hunting trip. Sista! I used to play that card. Ohh yes! I did!
You've inspired me to blog all my mean hateful things I did to keep my husband home. This was way before I became the mature adult that I am today.
cough cough choke choke
I miss him when he is gone, but I always encourage him to go and never complain about him being away, too much! I think it is important for him to have time to himself and relax. He is so good and encourages me to get time to myself also.
But....he is home now and reading to our children while I get a little break, aah!
Mine never hunted big game. Only birds... (pheasant, quail, chukkars)
In the past 10 years he has pretty much given all that up, too.
He'd rather RIDE HIS BICYLCES
Cute kid!! Thanks for dropping by my site. Hope you come back often!
Cute cute 'kid.' And what a special smile for his mom's camera. Hope the hubby brings home 'the bacon.'
Post a Comment
<< Home