Puberty, Prozac and Perfection!!!
I really meant to blog more frequently, but then there is reality. Since my last blog entry, I have gone on a trip to Lake Tahoe with my family, spent a day at a water theme park with my kids plus two extras, taken my prepubescent daughter back to school shopping all the while dragging along her 6 year old brother, planned and executed two birthday parties for my now 7 year old son, took a class and started up practices for my son's soccer team as I am now coaching for the first time, closed down my antique business and moved out of the shop, spruced up my half acre garden, etc....
I love my kids, but dear God I do love the first day of school... I feel like a manic gone off her meds! With my husband working 70 - 80 hours a week I get very little solitude during the summer months. Time alone for me is akin to recharging the batteries. Without it I get grumpy which manifests as sad which resembles self pity which I deplore!! School is my prozac!
Now that they are in school I have taken up where I left off on writing my book. It is not a work of fiction. Rather a very useful and practical tool. I have discovered that I am a perfectionist which makes it difficult to finish anything. I am afraid that I will not get everything done perfectly and so I put off the finish. Maybe I believe the perfect ending will apparate from thin air perhaps while I sleep. Well, I am confronting these brilliant yet unfinished projects and am determined to complete them. I'll keep you posted and use this blog for accountability!
I will leave this blog with a conversation with my 7 year old which represents a typical day in our household:
Mom: "Evan, why did you dig up Max" (note: max is our dog, died 6 years ago, buried in yard).
Evan: "I had to mom, I've been working out, lifting weights and digging up Max"
Mom: "Why did you have to dig up Max"?
Evan: "Because I'm going to be a paleontologist when I grow up"
Now I must make an addition on my to do list: remove pile of Max bones from front porch tomorrow!
Life with kids is so bizarre, you just can't make this stuff up!


3 Comments:
Worn out just reading this. make the most of it though, they grow up all to quick!
Whoa! Girl you've got your hands full. Diggin up the dog will be a great story someday.
Check out flylady.net Great information for people like us.
I seen your post about flying. Don't you just love FlyLady way? I love it, but don't do it. Ha! I found my control journal in the bottom of a plastic tub not long ago. I threw it away.
But my sink is clean.
Post a Comment
<< Home