Hot, Hot, Hot!!
I have had a very nice week. My hubby, children and I packed up and went camping for four days. We swam in a very cold, (ankle numbing), lake....very refreshing. we rode bikes on trails, hiked and of course ate s'mores!!! It was much fun... but I discovered that after three hot days without a shower.... even the best of deodorants no longer work!!!
As fun as that was... a shower and my soft bed were so welcome!! My camera died last week and went to minolta heaven. I really missed it on our trip! So all that fun and no pictures!!! I'll have to do something about that next week! The camera is only a year old... I hope I can find the Costco receipt!
Now as to the title of this blog...living in California has its perks, like playing tennis and golf in the winter. But, yesterday I packed the munchkins in the car to go run errands and my six year old said, " it is hard to breathe this air." Implying not so much the oxygen content of said air, rather the 110 degree temperature! It felt like drinking warm water...only dry! Today is supposed to be slightly warmer and then a cooling trend next week... the upper 90's! I'm supposed to go to an outdoor party this evening... thank God my hubby needs to go to Lake Tahoe tonight, I'll have to leave the party furnace and go home early so Tom can leave! Yea!!! (The yea is for leaving the party early, not for Tom leaving... just in case you were wondering).
No knitting going on...I am still working on my sweater/vest...I have a lot done and now it is too warm to have this wool sweater sitting on my lap while I knit. But I miss it, so maybe I'll just turn on a strong fan and get to it!!!
Have a lovely Saturday!!


2 Comments:
I'm loving the camping trip sounds great fun. Why are you knitting a sweater in degrees of 100+. You must be as mad as me! The iamahatter blog is my gorgeous baby boys site!
Just wanted to post on this date because it's my birthday. Am just wandering around your blog (glob) as my fingers type the word.
Post a Comment
<< Home