Are You A Sloth Then?
If I had the creative brilliance of a child.... Oh, the possibilities!
I just finished tucking my lovely darlings into their beds for the night. My son, 7, asks for one last hug and kiss goodnight. Although I have hugged and kissed and tucked for the last 15 minutes, with the images of the tragedy at the Amish school fresh in my mind, I am so grateful that I have my babies to hug, kiss and tuck... So I oblige with one last kiss. Now, for those who do not know me, my hair is quite long and, well, wild. As my son tries to find a cheek to kiss, said hair is in the way. He complains and I explain that I am just very hairy! He shoots back oh so quickly, "So are you a sloth then"? I never knew I could so completely enjoy being compared to a sloth!
My knitting passion is growing by the minute and hour! I actually drove 60 miles to go to an alpaca ranch and buy some very soft and loverly alpaca yarn. It is soft like cashmere, all natural not even dyed, just a beautiful chestnut brown. I even saw the sweet alpaca it came from! I would love to have an alpaca ranch. They are almost like pets, not like most ranch animals. They are domesticated like horses, but lack their purpose of will and strength. They have more of a need for nurturing. Very cool animals! I hope to start my sweater this week.
It all makes me wonder, could I knit a sweater from sloth?


2 Comments:
How sweet. Are you a sloth?
Knitting. I tried to do that a few times. I had purpose. I had drive. I had no talent to knit.
So instead of knit, I took up the hobby of buying yarn.
"knit one, sloth one".........
that would sum up my knitting years. ha ha ha
Thanks for your visit...
and reminding me of tucking in sweet babies. (I had one that always followed me back down the hall)
Post a Comment
<< Home